Artistic Quotes to Live By...

"I must see new things and investigate them. I want to taste dark
water and see crackling trees and wild winds."- Egon Schiele

09 January 2012

In the beginning, this is my end...

Hello world...and thank you for probing inside the mind of the graduate student that I am right now.  I am thoroughly enjoying this time in my life right now but to fully understand how I got here I will take you back a couple of steps....

My passion is art, but foremost is my enthusiasm lies in teaching (at this time middle school and high school, we'll see if I ever warm up to the idea of 35 screaming, 8 year-old children that I would be responsible for all day).  I consider myself a (soon to be) teacher who loves are, rather than an artist who stumbled into teaching.  I grew up in Alaska and, in middle school, moved to Arizona with my family.  It was around that time I decided that when I grew up I wanted to be an art teacher.  Since then I have been on track to see that goal through and I am almost there!  After high school, I visited my remaining family in Alaska one more time before I was of to the University of Arizona to get my Art Education degree.  Fate had it that I met my now-husband that summer and after one year of school down south I moved back to Alaska to pursue my Bachelors degree in Art.  In 2009, I received that degree and, because the University of Alaska did not offer an art endorsement in secondary education, I moved to the great state of Oregon to continue my goal.

I am taking this course because a number of my mentor teachers use blogs to keep their students and the students parents up to date on what's happening in class.  I think this is a great way to keep my self and my classes organized and would love to utilize a blog in my courses.  I think this should be fun and I can't wait to get started.

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.  ~Pablo Picasso

1 comment:

  1. Art is such a universal language and with the right attitude it's everywhere. My favor is clouds, and I envision the artist to be God. People with a flair for art also create blogs and stories with intriguing visions such as yours on top. I'm looking for to learning about art on your blog and perhaps seeing some of your favor visuals with comments about why.

    I'm also eager to know where you living in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete