Artistic Quotes to Live By...

"I must see new things and investigate them. I want to taste dark
water and see crackling trees and wild winds."- Egon Schiele

15 January 2012

Messin' with Gadgets

I really had a lot of fun exploring and playing with a number of the different gadgets the blog had to offer.  I decided to add links to a number of websites on my blog that are of particular interest to me, and, if I continue to use this method of communication once I am teaching, would be useful tools to my students.  There were a lot of interesting add-ons that I thought about including on my blog, but in the effort to keep an organized, effective space for communication, I decided to leave them behind in an effort to reduce frivolous clutter. 

One gadget that I think might be very useful when I am a teacher (however not so practical right not) is having your followers be notified via an email when a new post was added.  That way if your students (or their parents) are following your blog but generally check their email more often than your website, they would be notified when something new is posted, instead of having to check every day with nothing fresh to read.

These are definitely fun little options to play around with and as my blogging experience progresses and the site has more purpose to it, I may consider adding more relevant, useful gadgets to it later.

We are all students. The moment we believe we have 'arrived,' we're in trouble. -Brenda Behr

1 comment:

  1. Well hello LatonaArt!

    I have to agree with your post, that would be a great way to stay connected with parents since I do believe most parents are constantly checking their email. I also have to tell you that I love the fact that you put a quote at the end, quotes are beautiful, short, but make a bold point :)

    ReplyDelete