Artistic Quotes to Live By...

"I must see new things and investigate them. I want to taste dark
water and see crackling trees and wild winds."- Egon Schiele

20 January 2012

Powerful Words

As I try to further my knowledge of expanding the interest of my blogs I have decided to try to attach a video clip, more specifically a YouTube video, to my post to spice things up a bit.

I don't think that this is an obscure clip, but I do know that it is very powerful for me and EVERY time I watch it I tear up.  Taylor Mali is an educator, and in this video, he shows off his slam poetry skills by delivering a very moving speech. 

It is three minutes of your time that, if you value education and teaching as a profession, you are sure to  appreciate deeply.



The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.  -Robert M. Hutchins


1 comment:

  1. Wow. Can't believe there were no comments on this. I found it impressive and touching. We look to the uniformed types for heroes; I wonder if we might look closer to home?

    ReplyDelete