Artistic Quotes to Live By...

"I must see new things and investigate them. I want to taste dark
water and see crackling trees and wild winds."- Egon Schiele

20 January 2012

It's Time For Me

As much as I value posting about prescribed assignments, I figured I would start to transition this blog to be more representational of me, the artist and art educator.  My intentions for taking this course was to learn how to develop a useful blog that I can use to communicate with my students about their assignments and sites that might perk their creative interests.

After looking at a number of art/art education blogs, I realized that a lot of the bloggers use their sites to share lessons and give demonstrations of projects that they have done themselves or have had their students do.  One great website that I have linked on my blog is Art Education 2.0 (you do have to become a member before you can look at links on the site, but it is worth the sign up).

I think the best thing about blogging is getting to share your ideas with a whole plethora of people that you would have otherwise never have had contact with.  Wonderful things can happen when ideas are shared and more people are open to a world of knowledge that they would have otherwise not have been privy to.

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." -George Bernard Shaw, Renowned Irish Author

1 comment:

  1. I would say you have crossed from novice to blogger. I think blogs on art are awesome.

    ReplyDelete